Monday, March 15, 2010

Veronica, my love....


This story began last week as me and my Veronica were surfing the web, like we always do. She was downloading a few songs for me while I filled out a few forms applications online. And we both were singing along to Adele's "Right As Rain" (love that song). And then it happened. My mother yells my name in a panicked voice. I jump up, shoving Veronica to the side and head for the door. Only to find that my foot has gotten caught in Veronica's web and I now lay on the floor, laughing at myself. Then I rise to my feet, dust the carpet lint off my shirt and continue my dash to my mothers call...
When I returned there it was. My precious companion, whom keeps me company in the wee hours of the night, makes sure I'm on track every hour by announcing the time, and makes me money sometimes was dying. The cord that powers her heart had been broken during my fall. The veins that carried the juice to her heart had been ripped. I quickly attempt to save her life by blindly sticking the wires back together; they only spark,fry, and then sizzle. It's a wrap, she was dying, slowly but surely. All I could do was stand their and stare, as she took her last breath. And then she was gone...Veronica had died.

Feeling like an ass, I quickly grabbed my wallet, ran to my mothers room and pushed the power button to her Gateway (remember those, they came in a cow box). As I set there tapping my foot while impatiently waiting on her Gateway to load, I thought about Veronica. She would surely go cold in a few hours. She must be so scared and lonely. Once the Gateway was finally up and running, my fingers danced across the keyboards. 
Its been $14.95 and 5 long days later. I checked the mailbox everyday anticipating Veronica's new heart. But had no luck. However, today was different, their was a package inside waiting for me. Veronica's new heart was here. I ran into the house while ripping open the package like a child on Christmas morning. The moment of truth: I plug it in. I then push the power button that will jump start Veronica. And then she coos a sweet melody and opens her eyes. She is alive again. I am elated to have her back. She has been missed. I love her dearly. I am at last reunited with my first and last love...my Mac!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One question: Y did u name her Veronica?? lol Just curious :) SN: I <3 ur Blogs keep it up love

Erika said...

Because she actually talks and her voice is kinda deep and sexy, Veronica just seemed to fit! lol But thanks for reading!!

Post a Comment