Sunday, March 14, 2010

Live, Laugh, Love

The world is filled with millions of people who are different in millions of ways. However, despite all of our differences, we all have one thing in common: one day we all will die.

Last week I found out that my cousins wife suddenly died. She had a blood clot in her leg, which eventually traveled to her heart. She was young (late twenties), madly in love with her husband, and a mother of 2 (the youngest child just a few months old, the oldest no more than a year old).


Finding that out upset me inside. I was upset because it made me realize something; no matter how much we exercise, eat healthy, take vitamins, or whatever it is that we do to try and stay healthy to "live longer", it all doesn't matter in the end because when its your time, its just your time. And its not promised that your gonna know when your time is.

So that got me thinking "Well what are we suppose to do? Just sit around and wait to die?" I stopped watching the local news about a year ago, reason being is because its so depressing! It makes me feel like if I step outside my front door I'm stepping into Vietnam where I must dodge bullets and grenades. So that got me thinking even more,"Everytime I leave my house, I'm taking a chance. A chance that I may not return."

With that being said,I made an executive decision that day that for the rest of my life (no matter how long, or short that may be) I will live more, laugh more, and love more. I don't want to go with any regrets, grudges, or baggage. I want to be content with my life as I leave no matter how young or old I may be. I don't want to give in to any negativity or surround myself with any negative people. I want the positive people around me to always know how much they mean to me. I also decided that I want a closer relationship with God. I'm gonna pray more and be sure to thank him for everyday he wakes me up, because you never know when its your last. So with all this being said, if your reading this I'm asking that you stop and thank the Lord for blessing you.......go ahead I'm waiting............

Done yet??

OK, now please call (or text) someone who is special to you, and let them know how much they mean to you. Sometimes people don't know how much they are needed, appreciated and loved; please don't wait till its too late for you to tell them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment