The reason I'm blogging about this is because I feel like I've been waiting forever. At times I don't even feel sure of what it is that I'm waiting for. Lets take love for example...I've been single for going on 3 years. In the past none of my relationships have ever been really serious. I mean we were seriously in the moment and full of lust, but overall that's about as deep as it got.
So I have this picture in my head of the perfect guy for me: (smart, funny, witty, artistic, successful, respectful, and honest). I mean is that soooo much for a girl to ask for? In the words of Charlotte from Sex in the City, "I've been dating since I was 15, where is he already?". Ugghhh
Now by all means don't get it twisted, I don't NEED a guy. I've been holding in down on my own just fine (smiling confidently). But sometimes you want someone to laugh with you, you want someone to teach you things, you want someone to make you feel special. I mean what girl doesn't want these things? But where are all the men??? I know where there at....there all gay!!!
Once again, by all means don't get it twisted I don't have a problem with gays. Not one bit! I love the gays! (I like for things to be mixed up a bit) I honk all the time when they protest at the capital. I even have a rainbow pin and button! (Tucked down deep on the inside pocket of my book bag) But I'm just saying that they are taking over and its making it very hard for women like myself. So back to my initial point...what are we waiting for? For the gay count to keep on rising? For more of our men to choose white women? For more of our men to end up in jail or prison? For more of our men to have 2-3 different baby mamas? NOT COOL PEOPLE!!! I don't want to have to settle for something when I know I deserve something else. Its not fair to me or him because inside I'm always gonna know that he wasn't good enough.
And then there's all the other types of men that are on the rise....the womanizers, broke asses, stalkers, boojee dudes, don't wanna settle downers, and the list continues.
Sorry people, definitely not meaning to rant but I'm just tired of being single dammit!!! (literally laughing at myself right now) Ok people, I'm done venting for now! Prince Charming (googly eyes as I stare off into space thinking about the prince) will come someday, or if he's already here maybe he'll realize that I'm the friggin' greatest chick that he's ever gonna meet (wink)! Until then I guess I'll be waiting...for the good thing....righhtttttt

0 comments:
Post a Comment